What time would you prefer us to contact you?
Please complete mandatory fields
It has been revealed that Michael J Smith, a housing leaser based in Yorkshire, failed to comply with health and safety requirements by not providing his tenant with the Landlord's Gas Safety Record for their property.
Meanwhile, Mr Smith was also found not to have had the house's gas appliances and pipework checked by a professional within the previous 12 months and he also subsequently ignored a warning from the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) to rectify this situation.
Therefore, the professional could be liable to award his customer compensation for possibly exposing him to an illness which, the BBC reports, causes around 50 deaths in homes around the UK annually after he admitted breaching official Gas Safety Regulations monitored by the HSE during a court case.
Posted by Patrick White
Claims Direct is a trading name of Slater and Gordon UK Limited, a company registered in England & Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 125 446 327, registered office 58 Mosley Street, Manchester, M2 3HZ and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for insurance mediation activity.