What time would you prefer us to contact you?
Please complete mandatory fields
Electrician Gareth Durrant sustained severe internal damage to his bowel and intestines when he was "inflated" by a high-pressure air line that entered his rectum while he worked on a caravan at a Hull factory managed by Willerby Holiday Homes in July 2010.
Initially, it was unclear how this piece of equipment - which carries air at a pressure of around 300 pounds per square inch - came into contact with the 26-year-old, but a court case has now established this occurred due to a "dangerous and foolish" prank by two colleagues, according to the Daily Telegraph.
Since the incident, Mr Durrant has been unable to return to work and required an emergency operation to repair the six-inch tear in his bowel.
Therefore, he has now reached an undisclosed damages settlement for his ordeal.
Posted by Francesca Witney
Claims Direct is a trading name of Slater and Gordon UK Limited, a company registered in England & Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 125 446 327, registered office 58 Mosley Street, Manchester, M2 3HZ and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for insurance mediation activity.