Man awarded £3.5k from Walkers crisps

Man awarded 3 5k from Walkers crisps 2394

Personal injury compensation of £3,500 has been awarded to a man who choked on a rubber mould inside a packet of crisps he was eating.

According to the Manchester Evening News, Peter Collins took legal action against crisp manufacturer Walkers - which was established in the 19th century and is now a subsidiary of Pepsi Co - following the incident in January 2008.

Mr Collins swallowed the mould - which looked exactly like a crisp - while consuming a bag of the company's barbecue rib flavour snacks and his son had to squeeze his chest in order to clear his airway.

Doctors told the 53-year-old that chemicals from the rubber had got into his stomach and he subsequently needed medication for three months afterwards.

"It was a horrible feeling, the taste in my mouth was awful. I literally couldn't breathe and I don' mind admitting I started to panic," he told the news source.

Posted by Chris StevensonADNFCR-1500-ID-801273150-ADNFCR

24/01/2012 14:18