Family pursuing food poisoning compensation

Personal injury compensation is being sought by a family after they contracted food poisoning while on holiday.

According to the Manchester Evening News, Debbie Bradshaw and her mother-in-law Pat were forced to spend two days on drips due to the severity of the stomach bug they picked up while staying at a five-star resort in Taba, Egypt, in April 2010.

Consequently, the pair - along with Pat's husband Harry - have now taken legal action against tour operator First Choice in a bid to secure compensation for their ordeal.

Pat told the news source that the hotel restaurant was in an unsatisfactory state throughout their stay.

"The food was tepid. They were topping up the food and mixing new food in. It was disgusting, a total nightmare," she said.

Recently, Wales on Sunday reported that teenager Megan Fitzgerald is pursuing damages after falling seriously ill while holidaying in Sharm El Sheikh.

Posted by Emily SwansonADNFCR-1500-ID-801296120-ADNFCR

17/02/2012 16:24