House Fire Caused by Recalled Dehumidifier

House Fire Caused by Recalled Dehumidifier

A house fire in Sunderland was caused by a faulty dehumidifier that was actually recalled in 2012.

Fire officers attended a blaze at a home in the Cleadon area of Sunderland and managed to put the fire out without anyone getting hurt. The dehumidifier was destroyed and an area of floor and skirting board was damaged.

Luckily, in this instance, the residents of the house weren’t hurt, but faulty electrical goods are known to cause life-changing injuries and even death.

The dehumidifier was recalled by Wickes in 2012, along with all other Wickes dehumidifiers sold between October 2002 and December 2008. There had been reports at the time of the appliance overheating and catching on fire.

The dehumidifier that has been recalled is labelled Model SKU712919.

Unfortunately, many people don’t realise that the appliance that they have is faulty and has been recalled until it’s too late. The Electrical Safety First website has a list of products that have been recalled as well as lots of other useful information about electrical appliances.

As customers we have the right to buy products that are safe to use and work as they are intended. If the item we buy isn’t up to standard then we have the right to return it for a refund, replacement or repair.

If we suffer an injury due to a faulty product then we can claim compensation from the manufacturer.

There is a three year time limit for claims for any injuries caused by faulty products so it’s important you get your claim for compensation in quickly. You can claim compensation for pain and suffering, for lost wages and expenses, and for the costs of rehabilitation.

Our Personal Injury Lawyers in England, Scotland and Wales can provide you with immediate legal representation. We can also arrange for rehabilitation support to be provided anywhere in the UK.

Call Claims Direct 24 hours 7 days a week for a free consultation on freephone 0800 884 0321 or start your claim online and we will call you.

If you have been affected by a faulty product, let us know by commenting below.